Last modified: September 2021
- On the Website;
- In email, text, and other messages or communications between you and the Company;
- When you provide us information whether through the Website or offline through communication with us; and
- When you interact with us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users and visitors of the Website and customers and vendors we interact with, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, billing address, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, payment and other financial information, credit history and information, or any other similar information or identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- About your employment, education, or driving records/history if you apply for a job with us;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your network information, such as internet connection, history, or activity information, the equipment you use to access the Website, usage details, and interactions with the Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Company;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, such as our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect that you may provide to us may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or off the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our online user accounts, applying for financing through our Credit Application, submitting career applications, subscribing to our service or communications with the Company, posting material, or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Records or copies of information to maintain customer accounts and records of transactions;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of such transactions.
- Your search queries and browser history on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages or you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or through third-party websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, device, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Website and how to exercise your options, please visit your device or browser settings, or the Digital Advertising Alliance, or Network Advertising Initiative.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or their use. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of the Website. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Website, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other websites they used prior to coming to the Website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve the Website and the services we provide. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Website, rather than your name or other identifying information. For more information on how Google uses your information please visit: How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services – Privacy & Terms – Google
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account, and other similar account order information and notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website;
- To respond to any services issues you request from us;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your Personal Information to contact you about our own services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information, including Personal Information, we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, or customers, and information that does not identify any individual visitor of the Website without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your information, including Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes. If you have questions, you can send us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or other registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, as applicable. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change Personal Information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect or if the information falls under any exception to any law or legal requirement entitling the Company to retain such information.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws and comply with all requests in accordance with our obligations under certain laws and regulations with which we are obligated to comply. Depending on your residency and our legal obligations, in certain circumstances you may have the following rights depending on the country or state in which you live:
- You may choose to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information;
- You may object to processing of your Personal Information;
- You may withdraw your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent; or
- If you have any questions or requests related to your Personal Information or how the Company processes them, please contact the Company at email@example.com. Proof of identity and other verification information will be required to protect personal data against unauthorized access. Any personal data collected to respond to an inquiry or fulfill a request will be retained for 90 days or as required or permitted under any applicable law after the request closure and then deleted. This will allow for follow-up processing as necessary.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information, including Personal Information you provide to us, is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls in the United States unless legally required to be kept elsewhere. Any payment transactions and financial payment information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website such as message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under Age 18
The Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one underage of 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or with the Company, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: 4080 Jenkins Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421